Table of Contents
- Benefits from a Fsync-compatible kernel
- Benefits or requires GloriousEggroll's custom Proton build
sudo dnf install 'steam'
Proton-5.5-GE-1did not fix video playback, and introduces an issue with exiting the game
mkdir -p ~/'.steam/root/compatibilitytools.d' && gio open ~/'.steam/root/compatibilitytools.d'
Monster Hunter World
- Install from Steam or restore from backup through Steam
- Need to go to properties and force the use of a specific compatibility tool, specifically the one downloaded on the previous step
- This can take up to 20-30 minutes
- This fixes movie playback, notably trying to play back weapon preview videos
- If MH:W freezes when trying to play a movie, or for seemingly no reason, this may be required
- As of 2020/04/06,
- Be aware of issue #44 with CPUs with more than 8 cores
rm -Rf '/tmp/mf-install' && git clone --branch 'master' --depth '1' 'https://github.com/z0z0z/mf-install.git' '/tmp/mf-install' && sync
PROTONenvironment variable needs to point to a folder containing the Proton compatibility tool planned to be used
cd '/tmp/mf-install' && WINEPREFIX=~/'.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/582010/pfx' PROTON=~/'.steam/root/compatibilitytools.d/Proton-5.4-GE-3' ./mf-install.sh -proton
cd ~ && rm -Rf '/tmp/mf-install' && sync
- See Runtime Config Options for Proton-specific environment variables
- For any environment variables added, make sure
%command%is placed at the end of the line
- Can be used to test if
fsyncis being used
- Probably shouldn't keep this enabled all the time
- If using PRIME Render Offload
__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __VK_LAYER_NV_optimus=NVIDIA_only %command%
- A lot of this needs verification and is quick observation
- MH:W uses more video memory under this configuration (Proton + DXVK) than Windows 10 natively
- Use of High-resolution textures on a 6GB GTX 1060 at 1080p goes over 6GB of video memory usage, and causes significant performance drops
- Volumetric lighting should be set to Low; doesn't seem to affect graphics quality, but hits performance hard above Low
- Vsync should be disabled seemingly
gio open ~/'.steam/steam/compatibilitytools.d'
gio open ~/'.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/582010/pfx'
gio open ~/'.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Monster Hunter World'
games/wine/monster_hunter_world.txt · Last modified: 2020/04/15 12:56 by Sean Rhone